What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product Categories BRC Global Standard Appendix 6

Started by , Feb 03 2016 05:37 AM
6 Replies

Hi,

Can somehow explain the eacxt product categories for guidance and example in BRC Global Standards for Food Safety

Regards,

Swarup

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling
[Ad]

Hi,

Can somehow explain the eacxt product categories for guidance and example in BRC Global Standards for Food Safety

Regards,

Swarup

Hi Swarup,

There are a lot of categories. Can you be more precise as to your actual query / requirement ?

Sir,

Our product is frozen shrimps.

Sir,

Hi Swarup,

Presumably any of 4, 8, 10, depending on the details

Hi Swarup,

Presumably any of 4, 8, 10, depending on the details

Hi Charles,

I think that is a typo and that you meant 4, 8, & 9 (Raw cured and/or fermented meat and fish) as 10 is Ready meals and sandwiches, ready to-eat desserts.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Charles,

I think that is a typo and that you meant 4, 8, & 9 (Raw cured and/or fermented meat and fish) as 10 is Ready meals and sandwiches, ready to-eat desserts.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

I prioritised on the OP's "frozen" which theoretically excluded cat. 9 in the BRC chart (Although I'm sure i have seen some of the items listed in 9 frozen also,  If OP=chilled, i would agree with you)

for Cat.10, i took an additional liberty with "presentation".  :smile: (Otherwise excluded as you noted).

(Seemed to remember seeing cooked shrimp sandwiches in M&S)(admittedly frozen shrimp sandwiches might be a stretch  :dunno:  )

Swarup's Choice.

Sir,

Hi Tony,

I prioritised on the OP's "frozen" which theoretically excluded cat. 9 in the BRC chart (Although I'm sure i have seen some of the items listed in 9 frozen also,  If OP=chilled, i would agree with you)

for Cat.10, i took an additional liberty with "presentation".  :smile: (Otherwise excluded as you noted).

(Seemed to remember seeing cooked shrimp sandwiches in M&S)(admittedly frozen shrimp sandwiches might be a stretch  :dunno:  )

Swarup's Choice.

I agree frozen shrimp sandwiches are very much a stretch!

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Intestines - Edible Meat Product? Can I use up current packaging or is new required if the product formulation has changed? What are the quality parameters that need to be included in the product specification sheet? SQF 2.6.1.2 Product changeover and label reconciliation records What are the elements that need to be included in the final product specification?