What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Protective clothing for workers

Started by , Feb 18 2016 07:57 AM
3 Replies

I just want to find out, we are a food contact packaging manufacturer, hence high risk. The factory is hot and employees do not wish to wear Long sleeve uniform, but instead wear round- neck t shirts supplied by the company, the long trouser part of the uniform, hair net and safety shoes. Is their a risk in doing so that we must enforce them to wear the long sleeve 2- piece jacket?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Protective clothing while working in freezers How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Is it necessary to add a protective film to tempered glass in the plant? What are the protective clothing requirements for visitors? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs
[Ad]

Your clothing is suitable and sufficient.

Provided you are using an approved laundry who have appropriate hygiene management systems and they can provide hygienically clean work wear.

If you allow self cleaning of work wear by employees then you must assess the risk and ensure they are doing it to the correct standard (the policy, procedure and standard you must specify).  This is much more difficult to control than outsourcing to a reputable supplier.

Plus they need to have a daily change of t-shirts (ideally) and access to clean clothing when needed.

Regards,

Simon

Thank you Simon. We do have an outside laundering services. That serves is hey.

Hmmm...I'd prefer covered arms if I'm honest.

Similar Discussion Topics
Protective clothing while working in freezers How do I safely open tough protective plastic lids on packaged consumables? Is it necessary to add a protective film to tempered glass in the plant? What are the protective clothing requirements for visitors? Microbiological limits for uniform and protective clothing swabs SQF v9 11.3.3.7 - Storage of protective clothing Protective Clothing for Enclosed Product Areas Protective Clothing for Food Packaging Protective clothing removal at a storage and distribution site Risk Assessment for protective clothing