What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Product Recall & Traceability procedure to meet FDA & BRC

Started by , Feb 18 2016 07:55 PM
1 Reply

Hi All!

Hope all is well. My facility's processes are simple (no cooking, temperature controls, blending, mixing); we receive raw materials in bulk containers and re-package them into individual packets. My question is regarding Recalls and Traceability; since a large part of a product recall is traceability, can I integrate those two into one mock recall? Any recommendation? I am working on updating our recall and traceability procedure to be compliant with FDA and BRC requirements.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine)
[Ad]

Hi All!

Hope all is well. My facility's processes are simple (no cooking, temperature controls, blending, mixing); we receive raw materials in bulk containers and re-package them into individual packets. My question is regarding Recalls and Traceability; since a large part of a product recall is traceability, can I integrate those two into one mock recall? Any recommendation? I am working on updating our recall and traceability procedure to be compliant with FDA and BRC requirements.

Hi AGomez,

BRC requires a forward, backward, mass balance, and packaging traceability exercise across your range of product groups. We've never combined all of those into one, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. You should be fine using one of your traceability exercises as part of your larger mock recall exercise though. We've done that in the past.

QAGB

Similar Discussion Topics
Any food product naming policy in EU? Product Labelling Guideline - Russia Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Traceability issue with product receiving? Food Safety Culture in a Low Risk Product Facility (Wine) Dual Label for Single Product (FSANZ & FDA) What approvals and controls do we need from third party processor of our RTE product? Scope of Certification product specific Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?