What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Legal requirement to ensure correct size/weight is delivered?

Started by , Feb 19 2016 10:57 PM
2 Replies

Dear Fellas,

I am helping my friend to get BRC. He is manufacturer of Tortilla which are packed by number and in two different sizes (in different packs). Wandering any one could help to understand, apart form verifying correct number of tortilla in the pack,is there any other legal requirement to ensure correct size/weight is delivered otherwise it could effect nutritional information. Is there any clear legislation on that?

Just to clarify my friend want to pack by number not by weight.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Martin 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Is anyone aware of a legal or regulatory definition of the food claim term 'simple'? Checks to ensure vitamins and supplements are safe and legal to sell in the UK and EU? Chocolate - legal requirements Legal requirements or guidelines for foreign objects
[Ad]
This may help
https://www.gov.uk/g...al_Guidance.pdf

Regards
The Director
1 Like2 Thanks

I previously worked at a mushroom farm & we had a BRC audit where they wanted to raise a non-conformance because we used an over under scale to ensure packsize was the labelled weight, however we always added a little extra just to make certain that the weight was over & that was the auditors cause for concern. They called their office and because it was not a hazard/food safety concern it was not raised. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Procedures for the safe, legal disposal or return of obsolete or out-of-date chemicals and empty chemical containerstainers Is anyone aware of a legal or regulatory definition of the food claim term 'simple'? Checks to ensure vitamins and supplements are safe and legal to sell in the UK and EU? Chocolate - legal requirements Legal requirements or guidelines for foreign objects Legal Requirements for Plastics Cooked shrimp from Thailand, is what we are doing legal or illegal? Is there any legal requirement or BRC requirement that product shelf life of MAP Packed Bread has to be reviewed at any frequency? What type of legal assistance do you use for your consulting services? The legal regulatory definition of Foodstuffs