What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Customer requirements - Giving them site plans

Started by , Mar 02 2016 01:27 PM
6 Replies

I have noticed that there seems to be a growing requirement for customers to insist that as part of their supplier approval and monitoring that you supply them with a site plan.

Whilst I don't see an issue with giving this document to our BRC certification body or the large retailers, I am reluctant to give this out to all and sundry who only order small amounts of product.  I feel that there are security issues with this.  It's the same for customers requiring that you copy them with your vulnerability assessment.

What are the views of members of the forum?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer How to handle customer complaint SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer
[Ad]

Hi Classic,

We don't ask for site plans from any of our suppliers. I don't think many of our customers care either.

I'd say no, sorry we don't give out sensitive information that could jeopardize our food defence program.

I mean what do they want with that information for, what on earth are they going to do with it?  :doh:

Sometimes you can say no to customers.

Regards,

Simon

1 Like1 Thank

I have noticed that there seems to be a growing requirement for customers to insist that as part of their supplier approval and monitoring that you supply them with a site plan.

Whilst I don't see an issue with giving this document to our BRC certification body or the large retailers, I am reluctant to give this out to all and sundry who only order small amounts of product.  I feel that there are security issues with this.  It's the same for customers requiring that you copy them with your vulnerability assessment.

What are the views of members of the forum?

Hi Classic,

You should not give your site plans to your customers. I'm not even sure why anyone outside of your own company would even need them. There are a select few of our documents outside of technical data that we distribute (flow diagrams are one type we will distribute), but anything with sensitive information is controlled.

QAGB

HI Classic

I'm thinkimg maybe they want  to see allergen movement throughout your site.but then again they would say if they wanted this.

regards

KB

I've never had that request apart from at audit.

Hi,

I agree with Simon, that a hint to the food defense plan is the right way. Our system today prevents to send out such kind of sensitive informations. And of course no copy during audit (even not from pest control plan etc.). But also in the time before we havn't provided this. But at that time it was not as easy as today to convince the customers.

Rgds

moskito

Similar Discussion Topics
Releasing Product Prior to Positive Release Being Completed for Customer How to handle customer complaint SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Customer labeling of frozen pizza Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Customer complaints for excess water in onions Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience FDA Regulation of Customer Reviews: DS Health Claims How to respond customer complaint regarding pH out of spec Allergen testing of the product due to a customer complaint