What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any Alternative to Conveyor Catch Tarps?

Started by , Mar 04 2016 02:30 PM
5 Replies

We are installing a large amount of new conveyors and with those comes all the catch tarps that are hung underneath them. Anyone know of any alternative? Other ideas?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Metal detector conveyor stopped working Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? Drain catch baskets
[Ad]

Are the catch tarps for catching construction debris or are the tarps permanent processing, waste, or overhead protection equipment?

Since you say you are installing a "large amount" of new conveyors, I would stick with the catch tarps.

I have used catch pans for some applications, but you can't really go wrong with properly installed catch tarps.

Just make sure that when you hang them, the sewed seam side is down. Some auditors have an issue with that.

Marshall

Are the catch tarps for catching construction debris or are the tarps permanent processing, waste, or overhead protection equipment?

They would be for catching waste, production debris, etc. - so permanent.

Since you say you are installing a "large amount" of new conveyors, I would stick with the catch tarps.

I have used catch pans for some applications, but you can't really go wrong with properly installed catch tarps.

Just make sure that when you hang them, the sewed seam side is down. Some auditors have an issue with that.

Marshall

I looked for alternatives and couldn't find anything. We will have over 180' of additional conveyors and catch pans weren't practical.

I have never heard of the 'seam side down' - whats the reasoning?

Debris can get caught inside the seam, creating (possible) havens for microbial growth.

Marshall

Similar Discussion Topics
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Metal detector conveyor stopped working Will bacteria grow on a modular conveyor? Drain catch baskets Cover for conveyor motor and bearing in production area Cleaning and Sanitizing of polyurethane conveyor belts Origanox alternative Tote Dumping live raw crabs onto a conveyor belt How to eliminate conveyor belt static?