What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen risk assessment

Started by , Mar 11 2016 03:19 PM
5 Replies

Can anyone explain to me how to do an allergen risk assessment? We currently have all allergens listed in our raw materials register next to the raw material name on list.  This info is populated by review of the raw material spec sheets. We were recently audited (SQF)  and I was asked for the risk assessment. I just explained the above to the auditor. He accepted my response but ddint seem pleased that I had no risk assessment. I am thinking I should have one done before our next audit, but not sure what to do. Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

i have guideline on Allergen Management. it has been included 

1 Like

how we can attached document

click on 'more reply options' next to Post, there you can attach a file

Your raw material registers lists the allergens that are in your plant.

You would need a written document that describes what you do to prevent cross-contamination of raw materials, machines and finished product.

You should also have a documented policy for how you clean machines.

It would also be a good idea to have audit records to show you are cleaning and storing properly to prevent cross-contamination.

An auditor may also ask you how you control your labels or other product identification to prevent a food allergen getting into the product but not listed on the label.

Can anyone explain to me how to do an allergen risk assessment? We currently have all allergens listed in our raw materials register next to the raw material name on list.  This info is populated by review of the raw material spec sheets. We were recently audited (SQF)  and I was asked for the risk assessment. I just explained the above to the auditor. He accepted my response but ddint seem pleased that I had no risk assessment. I am thinking I should have one done before our next audit, but not sure what to do. Thanks!

Hi terris,

I suspect you are referring to sec.2.8.2 ?

If so, this topic has previously caused much confusion.

I suggest you have a look at this thread in which I (not a SQF user) initially increased the confusion but hopefully straightened things out a bit around post 10 -

http://www.ifsqn.com...-for-allergens/

Particularly see the cross-linked threads in Post 10

(Personally i thought SpursGirl's approach looked quite simple/efficient)

PS - If you wish to see a lot more related threads, simply type 2.8.2.1 in the search bar and click the blue square  :smile:

PPS - note  that SQF offer a partial Guidance document on sec.2.8.2.1 within the SQF 7.2 Code Guidance document (see pgs 62- 63)(or pdf Val4 in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ion/#entry76169

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks