What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

UK Beef trim labelling

Started by , Mar 14 2016 09:43 PM
3 Replies

Hi

Need some help regarding Beef trim labeling.....

Currently we label our Trimmings from the head of the animal BEEF TRIMMINGS 90 VL HM. We have a customer who has asked if we could change this to BEEF NECK MEAT 90 VL. I have checked if there is any restrictions on the RPA & FSA and I can not find any restrictions.

So (I have the query regarding) basically labeling the meat from below the Cranium as neck meat ? 

Can anybody advise if I can do this?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks?
[Ad]

HI APS

basically you have done your search and if you did not find any restrictions on the RPA & FSA the it should be ok. May I suggest as a final chk contact RPA and FSA directly and ask this question. 

Kind regards

Humaid Khan

Hi

I tried RPA but they fobbed me off to FSA where I cant get an answer. I thought I would try our local authorities but they dont know, but waiting for them to get back to me is frustrating

Hi

Another question on head meat.

Currently we label up as beef trimmings (hm) now the customer is saying he wants no mention of hm - head meat on the label but I can't just keep it as beef trimming cause if the obvious.

Can someone advise on another name I can call this and stay legal.

Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Labelling af flavor in the US Can anyone recommend or suggest alternative options to Genesis R&D Food Labelling Software? Sales samples labelling What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat Discoloration and browning in raw ground beef products Potassium salt labelling High Enterobacteria and TVC Counts on Minced Beef Food allergen labelling and information requirements technical guidance