What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it prerequisite to buy the standard for BRC-IOP version5?

Started by , Mar 17 2016 12:02 PM
7 Replies

Is it requisitite to buy the standard for BRC-IOP version5? At what page it is referred?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction?
[Ad]

I don't believe that you are required to buy a copy, but you are required to have a copy. Some of the PDFs can be downloaded free.

1 Thank

hi Foodeng ,

please refer to clause :

1.1.5 The site shall have a genuine, current hard copy or electronic version of the Standard available.

BRC packaging material issue 5 page 15

BR,

Ehab

1 Thank

hi Foodeng ,

please refer to clause :

1.1.5 The site shall have a genuine, current hard copy or electronic version of the Standard available.

BRC packaging material issue 5 page 15

BR,

Ehab

This is true, but as BrummyJim stated a downloaded pdf is acceptable. I have clarified this with both the BRC bookshop and our certifying body. This is a change from issue 4 where you were required to purchase the book.

Hi Mlissa,

One wonders what defines a genuine electronic version ? Provably downloaded from BRC Bookshop for >= 0 (currency units) ?

Hi. I downloaded an official free pdf version of the standard from the BRC Bookshop ( http://www.brcbooksh...g-and-materials ). The only requirement is to create a log-in account with the bookshop. I then just printed it off and put into a nice binder file.

Regards

Andrew

The availability of free PDF copies of all the BRC Global Standards was a well received change. The links above takes you to the right place.

The point about genuine - the process of downloading the free PDF requires you to input contact information - which then puts you on the list to receive any updates, alterations, changes and formal interpretations - which do happen with all the Standards on occasion, so downloading a copy direct, as opposed to an e-mailed copy that will not be kept up to date, is relevant.

John

The availability of free PDF copies of all the BRC Global Standards was a well received change. The links above takes you to the right place.

The point about genuine - the process of downloading the free PDF requires you to input contact information - which then puts you on the list to receive any updates, alterations, changes and formal interpretations - which do happen with all the Standards on occasion, so downloading a copy direct, as opposed to an e-mailed copy that will not be kept up to date, is relevant.

John

Hi John,

I assume the BRC IOP Standard has similar characteistics to the Global Food Standard.

It wud have been nice if the free download was "unlocked". Presumably not a criterion for genuineness.

But all assistances are  Welcome of course.

Thank you.

PS - Just  an afterthought -

I'm sure an enormous number of people would appreciate some expanded text/examples somewhere in the BRC Standard(s)  to explain  what (types of) option may acceptably qualify as a "Risk Assessment". Possibly even a locked free download ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Microbiological Test Standard Ice cream standard Standard Bread Baking Method Does anyone have a really good template for a standard operating procedure work instruction? Prerequisite program trainings in food industry Prerequisite Programs and Documentation ASDA manufacturing standard How to comply with the standard of not storing product directly on the floor? Latest version of Yum standard