What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Handling a Food Safety Management System in separate locations

Started by , Mar 17 2016 06:25 PM
3 Replies

We have our second SQF audit coming up in September and are in the middle of doing our annual reviews of our Food Management System policies and procedures.

We are a relatively small production facility and have built a larger warehouse facility with shipping and receiving that is located about 1/4 mile away. Now we are planning on adding a new line in warehouse facility and are in the process of building, but have not landed on how that will look (i.e., flow charts, etc.). It's driving me crazy :)

I'm assuming I can basically just amend my current FMS to include production in the other building and add things like additional pest control inspection maps, flow charts, etc. that are specific to that building.  I am hoping I will not be required to have two separate policy and procedure documents for our FMS for each building. Am I on the right track?

Any insight on handling SQF documents and QA procedures for two sites, is much appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling
[Ad]

Both facilities will need to have the physical and documentation systems covering all requirements for the scope of your certification, but you can share polices and procedures as long as they are applicable to both sites.

Just a minor addendum to Simon's post.

You can also share policies and procedures between both sites, even if they are not applicable to both sites, if you include an "Exception and Addendum" section in said policy/procedure that spells out why it does not apply to the other site.

Not sure if that will be more work or less, but it's an option.

Marshall

They are two separate certifications.

Depending on your FSC'S you may be able to create a duplicate FSMS but with customization to the new facility.

Glenn Oster

Similar Discussion Topics
Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Lotion in Food Handling Areas Air Handling Units service provider Documentation Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Decision Tree for complaint handling SOP for Handling of Expired Raw Materials Organic Handling and Processing Storage and Handling of Glass Regulations on handling adverse events and complaints in the food industry Handling UPC codes