What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

GFSI Extension Form?

Started by , Mar 31 2016 07:54 PM
4 Replies

Hello

Does anyone know what a GFSI Extension Form is?  

No luck with a google or this site.

Customer requiring a GFSI Extension Form "if the audit you carry is a passing Third Party (non GFSI) Audit".

We passed a HACCP audit, I believe HACCP is non GFSI so we would need this extension form.

Thanks for any help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate?
[Ad]

Hi Scott,

Not understanding your question very well.

GFSI has schemes that are HACCP based.

visit mygfsi.com to see if your food safety scheme is listed. That is a start.

As far as an extension goes, I haven't heard that term.

Sorry, guess I did not explain correctly.

We passed a Third Party Audit for our HACCP, we do not have SQF, BRC, IFS, etc. certification.

To my understanding just passing the HACCP audit and not having a higher certification ( SQF, BRC etc) means we do not have GFSI certification.  Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

A potential customer sent requirements for QA approval.

They are asking for our passing audit report, which is as I stated above is only for HACCP. 

The customer goes on to say  "if the audit you carry is a passing Third Party (non-GFSI) audit the next step would be a GFSI Extension Form."

If I am understanding correctly the customer is saying just passing a HACCP audit is non-GFSI so we would need this extension form.

Hope this makes more sense,

Okay, I understand now. That should come from your customer. It sounds like you need to fill out a GFSI extension form from them asking for more time before you have an official audit under the GFSI food schemes.

What commodity are you providing?

2 Thanks

Thank you for the quick answer.

That makes sense.  

I was thinking we needed to get the form ourselves and I was in a bit of a panic when I could not find any info on it.

Since your answer, we have had more contact with the customer and I believe your answer was correct.

We provide frozen bakery products.

Thank you again for your help!!

Similar Discussion Topics
First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Is it possible to pass a GFSI audit with a poor food safety culture? GFSI Certified and Allergen Free Repacking How to approve suppliers without a GFSI recognized certificate? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? What is GFSI and How Does It Apply to Compressed Air? Choosing the right GFSI Certification GFSI certification for current or existing suppliers