What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Line Cleaning Frequency

Started by , Apr 13 2016 08:45 PM
2 Replies

I have a food line that we run baked potatoes over, and i am getting our master cleaning schedule worked out. The question i have is at what frequency would a line like this need to be cleaned, and is there any test or swabs that i could take to get an idea when the line is in need of cleaning. Any help would be appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

I have a food line that we run baked potatoes over, and i am getting our master cleaning schedule worked out. The question i have is at what frequency would a line like this need to be cleaned, and is there any test or swabs that i could take to get an idea when the line is in need of cleaning. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Willis,

It may depend on items like -

(1) any particular FS standard involved

(2) the actual process/end product/ingredients

(3) the scheduling if different proceses on same line / close proximity other lines

(4) whether cleaning involves allergenic aspects

Pls clarify a little.

PS - Welcome to the forum ! :welcome:

Hi Willis,

I would start off by doing a risk assessment on cleaning frequency. For example 'Food line for baked potatoes' - Likelihood of contamination (High, Medium or Low) against Severity of contamination (High, Medium or Low)

Make a column for each (Area to clean, likelihood & severity) and score accordingly. High would mean daily clean, Medium as weekly and low monthly.

In terms of swabbing we use an ATP luminometer which tell us how clean the area is. You would decide what a pass/ fail score is - we did this by cleaning the area thoroughly and checking what the lowest possible score it could get. Our pass score is <10, anything over this would be a fail and need re cleaning.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces