What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Environmental Swabbing versus Cleaning Verification

Started by , Apr 27 2016 03:50 PM
1 Reply

Good Day,

I am struggling with the difference between "Environmental Swabbing" and "Cleaning Verification" since the intent of each seems to be the same....verifying that the cleaning and sanitation of various pieces of equipment and zones have been cleaned effectively.  We are a low risk processor of dried trail mixes (repacking only) so we perform testing semi-annually.

I have separated the two testing activities in my Product Sampling & Testing procedure but since I'm testing for the same things (APC, Coliforms, E.Coli, Yeast/Mold, Salmonella) perhaps I can remove specific reference to "Cleaning Verification Testing".

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks much, LALaw

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring
[Ad]

They are the same thing!  Or rather that swabbing is one method of verification of your cleaning.  Other methods could be supervisor inspections of a sample of kit per shift, hygiene audits, that kind of thing.

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Environmental Monitoring guidance Seafood facility 3M Environmental sampler abrasive swab sensitivity Flour Mill Environmental Monitoring Environmental Swabbing Matrix Environmental risk assessment and sample quantity SQF-2.4.8 - Is an Environmental Program Required? Environmental Monitoring Frequency of Testing Environmental Monitoring