What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen PRP for Dairy Factory

Started by , May 01 2016 11:50 AM
5 Replies

Hi all.

I am in the process of reviewing the company's Allergen Control PRP, and am thinking that it contains a lot of irrelevant information. We produce dairy products and therefore milk and milk products is in all products.

Can anyone share their procedure or perhaps give some guide as to what subheadings they have included?

Thanks

:helpplease:

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin?
[Ad]

Hi all.

I am in the process of reviewing the company's Allergen Control PRP, and am thinking that it contains a lot of irrelevant information. We produce dairy products and therefore milk and milk products is in all products.

Can anyone share their procedure or perhaps give some guide as to what subheadings they have included?

Thanks

:helpplease:

Hi rellie,

Any particular FS standard involved ?

Some requirements may be local Regulatory ?

There are 1-2 Allergen Management SOPs on the Forum (somewhere) but maybe not for Dairy production.

1 Like

Thanks Charles.

We are required to meet WQA and SQF standards.

Yes I have looked at some procedures however not relevant to Dairy. I am unsure as to what bits and pieces I need to put into it, as some Allergen Control Plans are quite in depth.

Narelle

Why not have written somewhere (e.g. in an allergen procedure and your HACCP plan) that you don't treat dairy as an allergen because it's in all of your products?

Also remember though that you may need to consider allergen risks in your ingredients and from people entering site.

I am not sure what you mean ,as it is the procedure I am having trouble with. Should it just have a section for raw materials and GMP?

Rellie - also from an australian dairy manufacture site. Allergens are initially considered in our HACCP plan - we then refer to a site policy on allergens - which outlines in a table such as (for dairy)

- is the allergen in all products - yes

-control mechanism - label declaration (in our case)

- HACCP or prereq - prereq

- supporting data - HACCP allergen table

we state the milk and milk products are a known allergen and a main component of our products and as such - clearly stated on the label.

We have been SQF and are WQA certified. 

with this document we don't have to do anything further for the dairy allergen.

Does this help?

Similar Discussion Topics
Distribution in Allergen Management Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen