What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

7.4.2 - Tools and other sharp objects

Started by , May 03 2016 10:55 AM
3 Replies

hi my friends :)

can u explain me please what is the rational behind 7.4.2 Tools and other sharp objects?

what is the scope of this section? is it include shears?

is snap-off-blade knives prohibited completely, or just when it's not controlled?

and the last quesion how do i do this control practically?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Procedure and record for registering sharp metallic objects Allergen Management regarding Contractor Tools Is there a standard color code for cleaning tools ?
[Ad]

i don t think is prohibited but we need to show that you have a sharp/blades are controlled 

a program need to be implemented  to control your sharp instruments 

snap off blades are prohibited for BRC.

Clause 4.9.1.2 "Snap off blades SHALL not be used"

If there is a shall then it has to be.

Sharp control , there are numerous threads on here relating to it, the way my clients deal with it is to have all knives/sharps controlled in a locked box and then signed out and back with a record of condition.

Hi,

This is for monitoring purposes, to ensure that if any blades are damaged the risk of a piece braking of and entering product is minimised. 

All you require is a documented check to show that all blades have been checked for integrity (no missing pieces).

And yes ,most definitely, snap-off-blade knives are prohibited completely. This is due to the nature of these blades. They are able to be snapped off!

Similar Discussion Topics
What tools would you recommend to test e.coli, salmonella and listeria? Handling wash containers and tools in a high care zone Procedure and record for registering sharp metallic objects Allergen Management regarding Contractor Tools Is there a standard color code for cleaning tools ? HACCP component risk assessment tools How to clean tools and equipment when moving from soybean oil to palm oil? Legal requirements or guidelines for foreign objects Tools - Color Coded - Favorites? Software or electronic tools to streamline audit reporting?