What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Max Allowable time before cleaning for dairy

Started by , May 03 2016 08:11 PM
3 Replies

Hi,

I'm looking for reference websites/links Canadian or US if possible, maximum allowable time before full cleaning for any equipment that is used to process dairy products (ie. cream).

And also, if we want to proof or validate that cleaning or rinsing is not sufficient in between, what would be a good way?

(Swabbing was done before, but I feel that we are just really swabbing the new ingredients that are added... not really any residual that remains...)

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses
[Ad]

"I'm looking for reference websites/links Canadian or US if possible, maximum allowable time before full cleaning for any equipment that is used to process dairy products (ie. cream)."

I could be wrong, but I doubt there is a standard given that every environment is different.  I think you're looking at self-validating.

I recommend checking the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance.  Most likely the equipment needs to be cleaned at a minimum of once every 72 hours.

It would depend on whether the cream has been pasteurized or not. If not pasteurized it is considered raw and then it is 72 hours. If pasteurized then it must be cleaned every 24 hours.

Hope this helps.

Similar Discussion Topics
Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Allowable Preservative Levels in Foreign Countries (specifically South Korea) Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system BRC Unannounced Audit Time HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards