What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Yeast and mould guidelines UK and EU

Started by , May 14 2016 01:17 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the yeast and mould recommended guidelines for fruit in an ice cream slice I've made as a nutrition student for my report. I've found a figure of <1000 cfu/g from a  European Commission Health & Consumer Protection document. Is this correct? Thanks,

Charlie

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing
[Ad]

Hi,

I'm trying to find out the yeast and mould recommended guidelines for fruit in an ice cream slice I've made as a nutrition student for my report. I've found a figure of <1000 cfu/g from a  European Commission Health & Consumer Protection document. Is this correct? Thanks,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,,

If you are seeking for UK, according to HPA (2009) seems there are no "official" Guidelines for Y&M in RTE retail products except one other food category..

I think yr "EC" (not an official limit afaik ?) figure has been discussed here previously. Was considered high, can see this thread (yoghurt) -

http://www.ifsqn.com...its-in-yoghurt/

here are a few more (Heinz,1991) -

yeast-mould limits,ice-cream.png   128.84KB   0 downloads

A tougher suggested limit (Japan) here -

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10682598

Strictly you probably need a sampling plan, eg nmMc

PS - for fruit puree itself, should be rather low if produced as here -

fruit puree for yoghurt.png   104.6KB   0 downloads

Great..thanks for all your help!!

Similar Discussion Topics
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing Yeast and Mould Monitoring Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Yeast and Mold APC Limits Mold and Yeast Testing- cmmef 5th 3 & 21 Yeast and mold limits on food contact surfaces