What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What are the necessary R&D documents?

Started by , May 17 2016 03:56 AM
6 Replies

Hello,

I would like to ask what are the necessary R&D documents to provide in every product starting from the raw to finished goods. Thank you!

Lorbi  :helpplease: 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Effective Documents Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List
[Ad]

Hi Lorbi,

Here are some typical procedures/forms that I have related to product development:

Product Development Folder.png   237.74KB   200 downloads

Kind regards,

Tony

1 Like

Hi Lorbi,

Here are some typical procedures/forms that I have related to product development:

Product Development Folder.png

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

So basically, the documents that we need to ask from our R&D are:

(1) Product design and development procedures

(2) Product Development Plan

(3) Product specifications

The specifications of the finished products mostly fall in the no. 3 document, right?

Are the process flow and relevant procedures and steps fall in no.1?

How about the specifications of the raw materials and in-line specifications? In what document should they belong?

What are the infos that are in no.2?

Thank you,

Lorbi

Hi Lori,

Without knowing your structure specifications can originate from NPD but are then approved by the quality/technical department. I include them as an NPD department will need to produce a product specification at some stage. For me they will also need to provide a process specification and raw material specifications if a new material (which would also then be subject to supplier assurance procedures).

Depending on the changes there may be a need to revisit the HACCP study etc. as well.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Lori,

Without knowing your structure specifications can originate from NPD but are then approved by the quality/technical department. I include them as an NPD department will need to produce a product specification at some stage. For me they will also need to provide a process specification and raw material specifications if a new material (which would also then be subject to supplier assurance procedures).

Depending on the changes there may be a need to revisit the HACCP study etc. as well.

Kind regards,

Tony

Hi Tony.

What is NPD?

Lorbi

Hi Lorbi

New Product Development

Kind regards,

Tony

Good morning,

I am in need of some information regarding research and design.  We are a manufacturer of composite fiber cans.  The customer supplies labels.  We do not fill cans.  We have been approached by a potential customer to make a can for them.  We already make this size can for another customer.  The potential customer will require a different liner than we currently have in stock.  Our company is small (less than 50 employees) so we don't have an R & D department or team.  

I am hoping from this vast pool of knowledge someone will be willing to share some questions we should be asking and answering.  Are we even suppose to do an R &D?  

Thank you for  your time and attention

Shanna

Similar Discussion Topics
Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Are 3 month required documents for SQF Audit? Effective Documents Documents for Raw materials and packaging Controlled Documents List What documents are required for audit when Sourcing ingredients from wholesaler? What are you doing for numbering and ordering your documents? What is the FDA requirements on holding documents on line? Auto archiving systems and quality assurance documents Supporting documents to show the removal of a product from the inventory?