What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is there any such thing as sanitation training and certification?

Started by , May 27 2016 12:29 PM
6 Replies

I got a directive from our CEO yesterday that he wants sanitation to "do more than empty garbage cans", he "wants them certified"

I have no idea what to certify them in, one of our top executives pulled me aside and said he wants us cleaned like a bakery but we are already cleaner than a bakery, visitors always compliment us on how clean our facility is.

does anyone know of any type of Janitorial/Sanitation training/certification? I found something in Amsterdam but it was food processing wet/dry cleaning training which is over kill for us, we are a flexible packaging converter...

or maybe I should just out source it......

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Cleaning/Sanitation in production area Training and Verification HACCP/HARPC training HACCP and SQF Certification Regulatory certification
[Ad]

I got a directive from our CEO yesterday that he wants sanitation to "do more than empty garbage cans", he "wants them certified"

I have no idea what to certify them in, one of our top executives pulled me aside and said he wants us cleaned like a bakery but we are already cleaner than a bakery, visitors always compliment us on how clean our facility is.

does anyone know of any type of Janitorial/Sanitation training/certification? I found something in Amsterdam but it was food processing wet/dry cleaning training which is over kill for us, we are a flexible packaging converter...

or maybe I should just out source it......

Hi ctzinc,

May i ask what you are manufacturing ? Hopefully not Garbage cans.

Hi ctzinc,

May i ask what you are manufacturing ? Hopefully not Garbage cans.

packaging for the snack food industry, (potato chip bags, etc.)

1 Thank

Hi ctzinc,

I presume you are already SQF certified.

Does yr CEO not trust SQF to audit Sanitation Controls/Controllers ?

It sounds like a forthcoming  Financial ploy to me.

There may be some online GMP type programs (assuming yr CEO believes in the internet).

Or perhaps look for a certification program for Internal Auditors. This requires "everything".

My guess is that people like Silliker would love to hear from you.

Hi ctzinc,

I presume you are already SQF certified.

Does yr CEO not trust SQF to audit Sanitation Controls/Controllers ?

It sounds like a forthcoming  Financial ploy to me.

There may be some online GMP type programs (assuming yr CEO believes in the internet).

Or perhaps look for a certification program for Internal Auditors. This requires "everything".

My guess is that people like Silliker would love to hear from you.

AIB has some GMP/Sanitation training coming up in August, We will probably go to that....

AIB has some GMP/Sanitation training coming up in August, We will probably go to that....

Let us hope yr CEO is unaware of GFSI

Good Luck !

I had to look into this for our sanitation group and I received 2 recommendations:

1.  Penn State Sanitation Course - The next one is October 4, 2016

http://www.cvent.com...3ba7f170d4.aspx

​2.  Ecolab Food Safety Institute - several courses this year

http://www.cvent.com...50cea16deb.aspx

Similar Discussion Topics
Cleaning/Sanitation in production area Training and Verification HACCP/HARPC training HACCP and SQF Certification Regulatory certification Is a scanning system required as part of the sqf certification? Scope of Certification product specific Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? How to purchase the FSSC 22000 V6 Certification package?