What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Storage temperature for mozzarella stuffed peppers in oil?

Started by , May 31 2016 01:04 PM
1 Reply

Hi all,

Recently I noticed that a product we stock was being stored at between 8-10°C and I'm pretty sure that in the past it was even stored at ambient temperature. The product in question is peppers stuffed with mozzarella in oil. Obviously with mozzarella being a soft cheese and the legal limit for storage <8°C, it was pointed out that these should be binned, with the next intake being stored at a lower temperature. My question is this: would the products swimming in oil not prohibit the multiplication of organisms to a level that would mean not needing to have it chilled right down anyway or is that pretty irrelevant given the product in question?

Regards,

Andy

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products
[Ad]

Hi Andy

The advised give to u that the present lot of peppers stuffed with mozzarella in oil should be binned and the new lot should be stored below 80C prefeably below 50C  is correct. I have not seen any published work with indicate that bacterial growth would not happen if the soft cheese is suspended in oil.

Kind regards

Dr. Humaid Khan

Managing Director

Halal International Services

Sydney Australia

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution Pasteurized Milk Ordinance - 72 hour storage tank rule Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site?