What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Advice on conducting a vulnerability assessment for fruit products

Started by , Jun 01 2016 06:54 AM
3 Replies

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie, so please forgive me if I do something wrong.

This is my third year that our pack house will be undergoing the BRC audit.

I have  question regarding the Vulnerability assessment.

We pack hard and soft citrus and lemons. I need to do a vulnerability assessment on the fruit that we receive, do I also do a vulnerability assessment on the post harvest chemicals and the packaging material?

Regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program
[Ad]

Hi everyone

I'm a newbie, so please forgive me if I do something wrong.

This is my third year that our pack house will be undergoing the BRC audit.

I have  question regarding the Vulnerability assessment.

We pack hard and soft citrus and lemons. I need to do a vulnerability assessment on the fruit that we receive, do I also do a vulnerability assessment on the post harvest chemicals and the packaging material?

Regards

Is this the BRC7 Food Standard ?

If yes, maybe have a look at these threads -

http://www.ifsqn.com...pplier-approval

http://www.ifsqn.com...sment-template/

Packaging - No.

I think the clause 5.4.2 specifies food raw materials so presumably depends on whether the "chemical" is an ingredient ?

Hello Patrysberg

Best way to move forward is to go through BRC guidelines for Acceptance of Raw Materials (Goods-In and Raw Material Receipt), Just go through and apply this concept to your raw material. If need any difficulty please share issue.

thanks

Hello Patrysberg

Best way to move forward is to go through BRC guidelines for Acceptance of Raw Materials (Goods-In and Raw Material Receipt), Just go through and apply this concept to your raw material. If need any difficulty please share issue.

thanks

Hi Bhawani Gorti,

Not sure if you are referring to the text of the BRC7 standard or ? Perhaps the paid-for BRC Guidelines Document ?

Note the OP specifically referenced VA which is just one component  of the overall input acceptance requirements

Similar Discussion Topics
Managing Customer Audit Dates: Seeking Advice on Rescheduling for Convenience Seeking advice, employer making questionable, inappropriate, and possibly illegal decisions and actions Advice about employing a BRC Consultant Seeking Advice on Transitioning to a Consulting Role Seeking advice transitioning our HACCP plan into an SQF program Advice on becoming a food safety auditor FSVP Need advice on how to proceed Food Defense Monitoring Advice Advice for maintaining bathroom and toilet hygiene Need Advice for Unannounced Audit Planning