What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to handle and control trial chemicals?

Started by , Jun 17 2016 08:48 AM
3 Replies

Hi

Please pass comments.........

How to handle and control trial chemicals??????

Chemicals are being bought onto site for trialing without Technical knowledge....... surely we should know about it so we can keep a log of the dates etc just in case there is any trends with issue from micro etc.

Whats your thoughts please.

Cheers

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Preventive control forms Is it possible to have no OPRP if we can control through PRPs? Cleaning Process and Chemicals BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Document Control
[Ad]

Hi

Please pass comments.........

How to handle and control trial chemicals??????

Chemicals are being bought onto site for trialing without Technical knowledge....... surely we should know about it so we can keep a log of the dates etc just in case there is any trends with issue from micro etc.

Whats your thoughts please.

Cheers

I agree with you 100%.

A trial cleaning chemical needs to be fully documented (inc COSHH), it needs to be stored appropriately, locked and bunded and as you say, it needs to be validated in place.  I've learned through bitter experience not to trust the tests the suppliers do on their chemicals as they're not real world situations.

Another thought, if you're M&S supplier, you need to check they're approved and on their A list.  Also you may need to consider the risks of product contamination (particularly with QAC MRLs etc.)

If I find it,  our corrective action program kicks in.  They get tired of filling out corrective action forms so now they just tell me when they want to do a test.  In our case, they wanted to do the right thing, but needed harsh reminders.

Similar Discussion Topics
Preventive control forms Is it possible to have no OPRP if we can control through PRPs? Cleaning Process and Chemicals BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control