What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Can we use Dry Ice as direct Additive in Fruit Juices?

Started by , Jun 28 2016 07:09 AM
2 Replies
Can we use Food Grade Dry Ice for Carbonation of Fruit juices such as Apple, pineaple, pomegranate juices.
Does it will help in extending the shelf life of Juices?
Is Dry ice approved as Permitted direct additive in Food?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Sodium Metabisulphite: Food additive or processing aid in potato production? Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) test in juices and soft drinks Screen for syrups with pulp and fruit pieces Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches
[Ad]

Unfortunately, I can't speak to the regulations in India... However, in the US - 21CFR184.1240 states that carbon dioxide is generally recognized as safe as a direct food additive based upon good manufacturing conditions of use listed at the link (one of which being that the ingredient is of a purity suitable for intended use).

I would imagine that this extends to the realm of juices, assuming all other pertinent regs are followed?

1 Thank

Are carbonated juices legally allowed to be called juices in India? I don't think that's the case in the EU. Other than that, I see no problem. However, wouldn't it be easier to manage consistent dosing using gas rather than solid?

Similar Discussion Topics
Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Sodium Metabisulphite: Food additive or processing aid in potato production? Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) test in juices and soft drinks Screen for syrups with pulp and fruit pieces Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches CFR reference for labeling of water in a fruit preparation Fruit Juice Microbiology Are there antibacterial and washable gloves that can be used as a direct contact with food? Direct Observations - Weekly Item Fruit Pips- Choking Hazard?