What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Which of the Global Food Safety Standards are easiest to achieve?

Started by , Jul 06 2016 08:05 PM
5 Replies

Good Morning Members, one of our key customers requires us to gain BRC, SQF or ISO 22000.  We are from the bakery industry.  Which of these standards is easily attainable? 

I do realise it may come down to our customer requirements.  My experiences with BRC was that they are very prescriptive in nature. 

I would appreciate any feedback. 

Kind Regards

Thevan 

Venerdi Ltd

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi Thevan,

I've heard from a number of auditors that BRC is a bit of a waste of time. While well-recognised, it is very difficult and expensive to attain and maintain and other certifications are equally satisfactory for many customers. From what I hear if you can go down the route of SQF or ISO then that'd be the way to go.

Andy

1 Thank

I am a big fan of SQF or even one of the IFS standards.

1 Thank

SQF

IMO "easily attainable" will equally depend on yr existing resources or, if nil, yr available budget.

Both the above will likely (politically) relate to (a) depth of "Customer Driven" ,(b) yr top Management Committment, or lack of.

While my experience GFSI standards has been limited to SQF, I attest to the fact that "ease" of implementation and maintenance of the program is made either attainable or extremely difficult based on the commitment of both senior managment and employees on the floor.  I would think that whichever standard you decide to go with; go for the big "buy in" with salary and hourly people.  Having people support your endeavor and their willingness to adapt to the changes that will inevitably be brought about is priceless.

Theven, if you don't mind my asking, is it a single customer that is asking for this certification?  Have you been able to gauge your senior management's response to such a request?

Similar Discussion Topics
food safety 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention Repackaging of Food Grade product Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces