What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How often do you conduct an assessment of the food defense plan?

Started by , Jul 12 2016 07:47 AM
10 Replies

Hi, 

I was wondering how often do you conduct assessment on food defense plan? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

We perform it annually - but also interested in other's schedule.

Hi, 

I was wondering how often do you conduct assessment on food defense plan? 

ISO 22000 ??

yes, ISO22000. Can we just conduct d assessment via a checklist?

We review it annually, using the FDA tool. If you are in the US, I would recommend an annual review, and use their tool. It's easy, and you can print out your plan right from the tool.

Martha

We review ours plan annually, but we also address food safety and defense opportunities/concerns as they occur and in monthly management meetings.

we do monthly.. i include the food defense assessment during GMP Audit.

Rgds

AS Nur

What is the risk of your plant.  I do an assessment of your plan annually but I do a audit of the plan quarterly.

I would suggest annually is fine for a review of the plan, also review in the event of a major change (such as a change of legislation, the standards or an attack actually happening etc)

Done quarterly during GMP inspections, and the document itself is reviewed annually.

Security is also one of the "action items" during our monthly Safety Team meetings, so any issues that may affect plant security are noted and discussed then, as well.

-Christina G

Ours is Annually but if you have a high risk areas quarterly or monthly. Your risk assessment should give you a good idea to determine frequency.

I hope this helps

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Example of a risk assessment template No CCPs in a HACCP Plan - Can This Be Possible?