What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food grade rust preventive for molds

Started by , Jul 15 2016 06:10 PM
2 Replies

Hi,

We had our re-certification audit on 7-12-13 & 7-13-13, During the audit we became aware that the Mold Cleaner & Mold Rust Preventive are not Food Grade of course we recevied a minor and are now in the process of changing the product we use over to Food Grade. I am struggling to find a supplier that can supply a Food Grade Rust Preventive for our Molds. We work in a uncontrolled environment and the humidity is a constant and the molds are always at risk of rusting.  I am located in the US and was wondering if anyone knew of a supplier they could put me in contact with. Google has not been helpful :(

Thanks In Advance!

Have an Amazing Day

Loni

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]

Hi Loni,

You omitted to mention the location of usage of mould/rust preventive. the product/process might also relate.

Offhand i doubt that a Food Grade rust preventive exists unless there is a "special" Food Grade category such as for lubrication oils

Hi, Loni;

In addition to what Charles has asked I would like to know what is the product to be protected from 'rust' and the material to be treated for corrosion? What is the scope of legislative authority?

Vegetable oil can be a rust inhibitor, however it would of course need declaration as an ingredient by most standards depending on your product and process.

Offhand i doubt that a Food Grade rust preventive exists unless there is a "special" Food Grade category such as for lubrication oils

Hi, Charles;

It does exist as an H1 NSF qualification. This is for 'incidental' contact, or whatever that loose definition means.

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces