What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best practice - lot coding of barrels

Started by , Jul 19 2016 06:18 PM
3 Replies

Hi guys! Can anybody please share their best practice in identifying/tagging dusting flour and ingredient barrels? I am looking for ideas and suggestions on how to tag each barrel with the lot code without making the tag a potential contamination hazard.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Best Practice for Record Filing Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization
[Ad]

You can try self adhesive stickers, have them printed with the info you want on the or if you have a labeling machine you can create your own labels to sticker the containers. 

Depending on your surface, I agree with the above response. We use metal and plastics drums to store our products and print our product info (inlcuding lot) on avery labels and place on the drums. 

Thanks for all the input. We have tried self-adhesive stickers but since we wash our barrels every 2 weeks, it becomes a challenge to remove them and replace with a new one. I will try the labels printed from a machine. I have not thought of that.

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Best Practice for Record Filing Best Practice when there are only two Washing Sink Compartments? Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Best Practice for Sanitation and CIP Room Organization Best Practice Orgs/ Food Safety Associations Coding retail product Lot coding of bakery products SQF - Allergen Sanitation and Colour Coding Whistleblowing on Unethical Practice