What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Will FDA consider us a small business?

Started by , Jul 21 2016 02:14 PM
6 Replies

Hello all!

So we all know the new FSMA law is almost here. I was reading on the topic and I seen that it talks about the different size of your company will affect how soon you're required to be compliant. I'm trying to figure out which category my company falls in.... We have our corporate company based in Brazil and we're located in Virginia. We currently have less than 10 people working in our facility here but Brazil has well over 500 employees company wide. Being that we go under the same name but operate as a individual company will they (FDA) consider us a small business? 

If anyone could guide me in the right direction that'll be great!

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration Quality Management Software in a small food manufacturing company
[Ad]

Interesting question Jamiant.  

Does your 10 person facility have it's own independent Food Safety & Quality Management System.

Regards,

Simon

How is the VA facility controlled?

If separate operating system, classification would be small.

Interesting question Jamiant.  

Does your 10 person facility have it's own independent Food Safety & Quality Management System.

Regards,

Simon

Simon,

Yes we do have a FSQM program in place. We're also SQF Level 2 certified...

How is the VA facility controlled?

If separate operating system, classification would be small.

We are operating as a separate system, just found that information out today. So i guess we would be considered small....

Thanks!

During our PCQI training we were informed that all employees of a business, no matter location, count. The trainer asked "Do you wear the same shirt with the same logo?".  If yes, you are all part of the same business according to the FDA.

During our PCQI training we were informed that all employees of a business, no matter location, count. The trainer asked "Do you wear the same shirt with the same logo?".  If yes, you are all part of the same business according to the FDA.

So i guess it depends on the shirt. Interesting decision criterion.

Similar Discussion Topics
Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration Quality Management Software in a small food manufacturing company HACCP Plan for Small Packaged Food Distribution Business in Canada Cooling Product in Small bakery Co-manufacturing for a small company GMP audit certification for a very small bakery manufacturing company How do you define a "small" accident?