What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Any legal requirement on labelling Beef Head meat?

Started by , Jul 25 2016 09:24 PM
1 Reply

Hi

Does anybody know if there is any legal requirement on labelling Beef Head meat. We as a business would like to label this trim. is this possible as a lot of our customers now want to come away if identification of any ingredient referencing HM and I just want to stay legal

Regards

APS

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Reworking Spoiled Pork Meat What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area?
[Ad]

https://www.food.gov...-Processing.pdf  I found this link really quick, it speaks about the EU, and as you are no longer a member I don't know if it applies, but will if exporting to an EU member country

"Other raw materials – MSM, meat containing bone fragments or skin; meat of the head with the exception of the masseters, the non-muscular part of the linea alba, bone scrapings, the muscles of the diaphragm (unless the serosa has been removed) and meat from the region of the carpus and the tarsus (i.e. small scraps derived from the joint region) is unsuitable as a raw material for minced meat production. Shins and shanks can be used."

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Reworking Spoiled Pork Meat What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Meat Processing Garment Policy Pathogen Testing in a meat processing plant Foreign Material Handling for product with meat filling Labelling af flavor in the US Liner Bag Requirement for Packaging Plastic Food Packages