What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Paperless Food Safety Management System

Started by , Jul 29 2016 03:37 AM
3 Replies

Hi all,

I'm a QA Executive from a seafood manufacturing company in Malaysia.

We are actually looking to go paperless in our food safety management system, however we found it a bit difficult to implement that especially for our pre-requisite programme such as hygiene and sanitation which requires daily inspection.

I know it's easy to key in data from the inspection into digital checklist, however i'm puzzled on how to present these checklist during audits if i should go paperless.

My company usually will go through several food safety audits such as BRC and IFS every year.

Usually in pre-requisite part, the whole hard copy checklist shall be presented to the auditor.

Therefore i'm stuck here and would appreciate for all the advice i can get to solve my problems.

Thanks. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Paperless Records Compliance Requirements Paperless QMS What is your experience of a paperless Food Safety Management System? How to protect and preserve ipad tablets in a paperless factory floor?
[Ad]

You may need to provide a computer in the audit venue wherein the auditor can view all electronic documents of your organization. We do this during certification audits, we also have electronic documents for HACCP. :)

However, you may need to strengthen your control of electronic records to ensure that records cannot be easily altered, secure and backed-up on a defined schedule.

I have implemented paperless at two sites. Simply enter data into computer and produce at audit. So long as vital information such as name, date, status etc are all recorded there should be no problems.

If you are utilizing a database, there may be the possibility that you can have "reports" produced that you could print out. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Does anyone have any experience in the new Anderson PPR System (paperless) in CA? Paperless Records Compliance Requirements Paperless QMS What is your experience of a paperless Food Safety Management System? How to protect and preserve ipad tablets in a paperless factory floor? Paperless software to cover all BRC documentation requirements Paperless Software Systems Transformation into paperless records and electronic signatures? Paperless HACCP