What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Cleaning routine for printing presses

Started by , Aug 03 2016 07:13 PM
3 Replies

Hi,

We are a flexible packaging manufacturer (film and bags). We have printing presses and they can get quite messy with ink (solvent based).  

I was wondering what cleaning routine is being implemented by those in the same kind of business. Are you moping the floor every shift? 

PS: We are working towards getting SQF level 2 certified.

Thanks! 

Cris

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system
[Ad]

Hi Cris, of course you need a layered cleaning regime that includes having a 'clean as you go' policy in and around the printing press.  Perhaps a wider quick clean and mop in the area each shift and maybe a weekly deep clean.  If it is in a poor state it may be wise to have a real deep clean to get the area and machines to a good standard and then implement the cleaning program to maintain standards.  All cleaning requirements should be documented in Standard Operating Procedures and a record generated when completed.  That is all except the 'clean as you go' stuff.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Simon

2 Thanks

I agree with Simon. Deep clean, if necessary, to get up to the cleanliness level you desire; then implement 'clean as you go (eg. all ink spills get cleaned-up each shift/as needed) along with a regular scheduled cleaning (weekly, monthly, etc. as you determine by monitoring how dirty your equipment gets). You also need to be sure that regular documented cleaning under and over the webpath is done to minimize risk for product contamination.

2 Thanks

Thanks guys! That is what I thought.

I really believe our challenge will be to change the mentality of the company: Production first and everything else is not really important including food safety. 

We are currently implementing the basis of our cleaning program (really simple tasks) so that employees see change is coming.

Thanks again!  :sleazy:

Cris

Similar Discussion Topics
Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Cleaning chemical discrepancies and chemical logs Cleaning of Hoses Food Manufacturing Cleaning Chemicals Foaming machines in a cleaning management system HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards HQF Certification for Cleaning Stations: Elevating Hygiene and Quality Standards Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Cleaning methods and chemicals for plastic IBCs?