What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

August 2016 - Member of the Month

Started by , Aug 01 2016 05:56 PM
10 Replies

Congrats to our first ever MOTM winner from Puerto Rico Kellio

Kellio has been a member of the IFSQN for more than 5 years and during the last month or so has been especially active and helpful to the members.

Well done and thanks on behalf of all members and the IFSQN team.

Your prize is an IFSQN Mug.    :beer:

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
August 2023 - Member of the Month August 2022 - Member of the Month August 2021 - Member of the Month August Food Safety News and Industry Round-up August 2020 - Member of the Month
[Ad]

Congratulations Kellio !

Particular thanks to yr various contributions on FSMA.

I still wonder how Puerto Rico came under the US umbrella. Wiki seems slightly evasive on this issue.

1 Thank

Congrats Kello!!!  

1 Thank

Congrats, Kellio!

"I still wonder how Puerto Rico came under the US umbrella." - Charles C.

Beat Spain for it in a war.

2 Thanks

Indeed, RMAV.

Marshall

Congratulations, Kellio!  :spoton:

Congrats!

Hello,

Thank you IFSQN for the recognition.  It is greatly appreciated. Thank you for all the responses and comments when I have a question and I hope I could have helped anybody when they have a question.

There is a great wealth of information in this forum. 

Thank you,

Kellio

1 Like2 Thanks

Well, Puerto Rico status is traced back to 1898 during the Spanish American War.  The US took Puerto Rico, the Philippines, and other Spanish territorial possessions by defeating Spain. Puerto Rico was under Military Government until the Commonwealth was established. Puerto Rico is considered as an State but not part of the US Union. Puerto Ricans are considered US Citizens.

Political Status of Puerto Rico has been a controversy for the past few years because 50% of the population wants to remain under the Commonwealth Status and the other 50% percent wants to joint the statehood of the US. There is a minority of the population that wants the independence. As some of the Caribbean Islands under British, French, Norwegian, and Dutch rule have been gaining independence, the American Government is entertaining the idea of granting Puerto Rico full Sovereignty in a near future.  

A very condensed History of Puerto Rico.

3 Thanks

Got the Cup!

Thank you!!

Kellio

Attached Files

Thanks for letting us know Kellio. :thumbup:

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
August 2023 - Member of the Month August 2022 - Member of the Month August 2021 - Member of the Month August Food Safety News and Industry Round-up August 2020 - Member of the Month August 2018 - Member of the Month August 2017 - Member of the Month August 2015 - Member of the Month August 2014 - Member of the Month Six food businesses closed in august