What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Corrective Actions Classifications

Started by , Aug 09 2016 03:45 PM
3 Replies

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some information about a Corrective Action Plan. In particular Corrective Action Categorization, Prioritization, or Classification. 

Example of a Possible Classification:

High

Medium

Low

Minimal

I was told to have my Corrective Actions Documented according to the impact on Food Safety.

Just seeking your thoughts in how everybody handles their corrective action program.

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy
[Ad]

Hello Everyone,

Looking for some information about a Corrective Action Plan. In particular Corrective Action Categorization, Prioritization, or Classification. 

Example of a Possible Classification:

High

Medium

Low

Minimal

I was told to have my Corrective Actions Documented according to the impact on Food Safety.

Just seeking your thoughts in how everybody handles their corrective action program.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Kellio,

FWIW I cannot ever recall seeing such a concept discussed.

Can you elaborate the context involved, eg with respect to failure of HACCP Critical Limits, PRPs, random QA safety requirements, non-Safety related requirements such as in SQF Lvl3 ?.

Any chance to provide a link ?

Requirements for corrective action come form various sources such as external audits, internal audits, pest control visits, customer complaints, internal rejections etc.

Funneling these into a prioritized list and timescale for completion based on 'risk to consumer health' plus other criteria that may be important to your customers and/or business is a very good idea. You may also consider frequency.

High, Medium, Low, Minimal seems ok (whatever) and then you select based on an educated risk assessment by a competent team.

Rats free in the processing room = high

Hairnet not worn correctly by an operator = low

Maybe...

Regards,

Simon

Added:

This is based on person safety, but the same principal.

Does Your Corrective Action Program Need Corrective Action?

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Open Corrective Actions since 2023 Missed Quarterly Environmental Testing - Corrective Action? SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Difference between correction, corrective action and preventive action? Verification of Corrective and Preventative action efficacy SQF Backflow Corrective Actions Correction or corrective action in EMP Corrective and Preventive Action for lack of records caused by Absence of a Quality Manager SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can someone assist with the corrective actions