What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Oddly Specific Behavioral Safety Policies

Started by , Aug 16 2016 07:49 PM
3 Replies

Hello,

So I was just asked to add language to our safety policies about throwing objects at birds, so I was wondering what oddly specific policies you all have either seen or put into place.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hello,

So I was just asked to add language to our safety policies about throwing objects at birds, so I was wondering what oddly specific policies you all have either seen or put into place.

Hi steve,

The last time I met this problem was when auditing another factory, my suggested corrective action was to add a roof.

I am assuming your speaking about live birds in a poultry plant. If  that's the case, you should have a humane handling SOP that everyone who has access to the live birds is required to sign off on.....in Canada, there is zero tolerance for inhumane handling and treatment...surprised its not so there.....I monitor humane handling once per hour of slaughter

I am assuming your speaking about live birds in a poultry plant. If  that's the case, you should have a humane handling SOP that everyone who has access to the live birds is required to sign off on.....in Canada, there is zero tolerance for inhumane handling and treatment...surprised its not so there.....I monitor humane handling once per hour of slaughter

No, just referring to random wild birds on company property (Not the actual plant).  Like I said, it wasn't something I ever thought our facility would need written down, but when the owner speaks, things happen.

Similar Discussion Topics