What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Policy and procedure for handling rework of leftover WIP

Started by , Aug 18 2016 06:14 AM
1 Reply

Hi,

I need help in putting together a rework policy and accompanying documentation.  I work in a cake company and when there is leftover icing it is used in the next batch of cakes. The icing does not undergo any changes ie chocolate icing stays chocolate icing. The icing is at a maximum 3 days old.

On a second note, we make sponge cake specifically to use for cake crumbs in specific mixes, Does this fall under rework?

Thank you for the help

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy
[Ad]

The first I could definitely see being a traceability issue, and you'll probably need to record the weights of the leftover, so you can determine what is being left remaining in the new batch of icing. Have you done any sort of micro testing to determine if that icing is safe to consume at that point (probably yes because of preserves, but you never know).

Do you include the sponge cake ingredient in the new product and do you have a way to trace this spongecake? It sounds like you're reworking, but is it documented properly?

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Debagging Policy Food Fraud Policy Food Defence Policy Meat Processing Garment Policy First Expire First Out (FEFO) Policy Problems Implementing and Maintaining a Knife Control Policy Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Knife Control Policy