What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to check frozen core temperature using temperature probe?

Started by , Aug 19 2016 02:34 AM
3 Replies

Hi, 

I have an inquires on how to check frozen core temperature using probe temperature..Please help me.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Temperature recording document in Excel How can I check good sterilization? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements
[Ad]

Hi, 

I have an inquires on how to check frozen core temperature using probe temperature..Please help me.

Hi req-sad,

You will have to supply a little context, eg

what is the product/size/dimensions/shape of product ?

hopefully not surrounded by a thick layer of ice.

1 Thank

Hi,

My product is frozen pound cake. I used probe thermometer to check the core product temperature.

Actually, I want to know the right method to use the probe thermometer ie. how long should I take the temperature, or should I place the probe thermometer in the cold room while taking the reading.

Appreciated you all can discuss here. Thank you.

Hi req-sad,

I deduce this is referring to frozen product in cartons stored in a cold room ca -18degC.

Assuming stored product is at equilibrium with the environment, the usual, non destructive, method is to measure the temperature between contacting/adjacent cartons. This is a long established procedure in the literature, eg Codex. This is obviously an approximation to core temp. but a convenient one.

You can compare by inserting a narrow, probe into ~center of one of the cakes (i assume this is physically possible), the reaction time of a TC should be rapid.

IMEX, many commercial, portable, thermocouple instruments will temporarily cease functioning after a short period in -18degC environment.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Temperature recording document in Excel How can I check good sterilization? Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? Can anyone check my HACCP plan for Sea Moss Gel? Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Customer labeling of frozen pizza