What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Requirements for designing a food safe area

Started by , Aug 30 2016 02:48 PM
3 Replies

Hi all,

We are in the middle of renovating our factory (upgrading goods-in and adding drying area). That part of the factory has really high ceiling, so it was used as storage only (no open food). However, now we might be opening some products in goods in area (separated from storage area but without walls). I would like to get some confirmation that we need to build some kind of roof or cover in order to control that area (if we ever think of opening the product) but then my colleagues argued that we will need walls as well. The thing is, we have limited budget and I would like to be sure that we definitely need to cover goods-in area from storage in order to comply with regulations (codex). I hope you understood what I mean and will be able to help me!

Thank you in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging
[Ad]

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Hi Inverse,

Sorry but I found it difficult to understand yr OP, ie what the actual layout/process/intentions are. Maybe it's me. :smile:

Hi,

Sorry, it sounds really complicated. Anyway, I managed to prove that we need to cover goods-in area because we might open our raw material, so that's fine!

Thank you though.

Similar Discussion Topics
New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system Food Specification Requirements for food businesses in the UK? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Requirements for Work In Process WIP Requirements for packaging SQF Requirements - Pest Control Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Halal requirements for foods imported to GCC