What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Control measures for aflatoxin in nuts and peanuts

Started by , Aug 31 2016 05:40 AM
1 Reply

Hi All,

I have a question about control measures for aflatoxin in nuts and peanuts. We are a chocolate factory which uses several kinds of nuts (almond, hazelnut, pistachio, walnut, chestnut) and peanuts. Can anyone help me how to control growth or increase of aflatoxin level in cold storage of these raw materials? I need it for HACCP.

Regards,

Adrian

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves
[Ad]

Aflatoxins are natural toxins produced by certain species of fungi. The growth and multiplication of the fungi can be contained using good postharvest practices such as reducing the humidity and temperature in storage or drying the nuts to certain moisture content. To control aflatoxins, you need to test every batch of raw nuts and reject batches with aflatoxins. Rejection is the only control measure I know of since once the toxin is in the product there are no means of removing it.

Regards,

Thomas

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control SQF Requirements - Pest Control Control measure and control points Validation of prerequisites such as pest control Pest Control Risk Assessment Report Form