What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Business Continuity Plan Testing

Started by , Aug 31 2016 01:24 PM
6 Replies

Hello,

We are RTE meat processing company and I am working on Business Continuity plan. I have some difficulties with the business continuity exercise and record design.  I am thinking on performing fire drills but I don't how to start and how to record the exercise.

Could you please help me with some ideas or attach some examples of records or procedures.

Thank you in Advance.

Margarita

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration HACCP Plan for Small Packaged Food Distribution Business in Canada FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations
[Ad]

For my last BCP test we documented the emergency situation, writing down the steps that were taken (eg. evac, head count, responsibilities, quarantine area, alternate procurement, etc.), duration, documented any difficulties we had & had the HACCP Team sign off. This was then presented in the next HACCP meeting & reviewed.

Thank you so much for the provided information. I am wondering whether you have any sample of the record itself?

Thank you so much for the provided information. I am wondering whether you have any sample of the record itself?

Hi haccpbfs,

Is this for SQF or cfia or ?

Just curious.

Hi Charles,

This is for SQF.

1 Thank

haccpbfs the 'law ' of SQF requires you to  acsess how food safety and  quality is impacted.  You can do all the "emergency situation, writing down the steps that were taken (eg. evac, head count, responsibilities, quarantine area, alternate procurement, etc.), duration, documented any difficulties we had & had the HACCP Team sign off " but as long as you havent addressed how food safety/ quality was imapcted - you can still get an NC on this.

make sure each of your possible scenarios address  not only the 'excape plan'  but what you will/ you did with the food/ ingredients/ packaging ; how you accessed for "fit" and who made the decision

1 Thank

haccpbfs the 'law ' of SQF requires you to  acsess how food safety and  quality is impacted.  You can do all the "emergency situation, writing down the steps that were taken (eg. evac, head count, responsibilities, quarantine area, alternate procurement, etc.), duration, documented any difficulties we had & had the HACCP Team sign off " but as long as you havent addressed how food safety/ quality was imapcted - you can still get an NC on this.

make sure each of your possible scenarios address  not only the 'excape plan'  but what you will/ you did with the food/ ingredients/ packaging ; how you accessed for "fit" and who made the decision

Dr Vu , thank you for the detailed explanation.

Similar Discussion Topics
Can I do protein powder packaging and bagging business at home? Transferring BRC Certification from one business to another California Food Business Registration HACCP Plan for Small Packaged Food Distribution Business in Canada FSMS for one business entity with multiple locations Left Construction to Join the Family Business Using a one-off rented kitchen as business premises Requirements for setting up a Pickled Vegetables Home Business How well did your business react to the Covid-19 pandemic? Business Continuity Plan for a meat abattoir and cutting plant