What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is it required to test for yeast and mold in Liquid Pasteurized Eggs?

Started by , Sep 02 2016 03:42 AM
2 Replies

Hello,

I'm with a liquid egg processing company. I'd like to know if the test for yeasts and molds in a requirement or a recommendation for the US market.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor?
[Ad]

Hello,

I have no definite answer but this might help : We receive liquid eggs  and some suppliers provide us with the COA tested for Salmonella, E.coli, APC, Coliforms and some suppliers test for  yeast and mold while other do not.

Hope this was helpful.

1 Thank

Hello,

I'm with a liquid egg processing company. I'd like to know if the test for yeasts and molds in a requirement or a recommendation for the US market.

The US Egg Board apparently thinks Yes -

http://www.aeb.org/f...-specifications

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Microbiological Test Standard BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces What does SQF require one to test in the compressed air that has indirect contact with food? Test kit to verify that all sanitizer residues are completely removed Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? BRCGS Clause 3.11.3 - Incident management test must include a recall test? How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? NIAS analysis required for food PET bottles and PE closures Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 Mold growth under large batch tanks