What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Ethical Audit for a seafood processing plant?

Started by , Sep 05 2016 02:50 AM
6 Replies

Dear all,

We are a seafood processing company & we have been asked by our customer to go through Ethical Audit. They do not have any preference but left that decision on us. 

As of now, we got details of two such audits , BSCI & SA8000. Could someone help us choose which one to go for.

Thanks ,

PT

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Live seafood wholesale information First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification
[Ad]

How about Sedex? It's fairly cheap

Thanks for your reply . Sedex was also discussed. But is SEDEX acceptable in South east asia? That's where our maximum client base is.

I too recomend Sedex, its easy to complete and fairly cheap. But I would always check with the customer.

If I remember correctly ASDA demands Sedex and a seperate audit on their standards, all of our other customers accept Sedex (including SE Asia)

If customers need extra information next to Sedex , in my experience, have an small additionnal questionnaire for you.

Hi PT!

I agree, SMETA (Sedex) is a good choice and relatively cheaper.

My site had several CSR audits per customers requirement.

You can also go for ISO 26000.

Regards.

@PTGC

It may be of some interest to you that currently Sedex are proposing a new optional self-assessment module within their Sedex Advance platform. The module would be aimed specifically for the fishing industry and would be completed at individual vessel level.

Dear All,

Thanks for your advice. We went through Sedex and have passed. Was wondering what are the guidelines for their logo usage. Any info?

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Live seafood wholesale information First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Mock Recalls - Seafood and Beef Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility