What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Ambient yogurt technology

Started by , Sep 06 2016 03:32 AM
3 Replies

Dear all,

My name is Gabriele Castagnetti and I am a food technologist based in Shanghai, China.

I am looking for some help in getting information about ambient yogurt, I am looking for a technology that allows me to pack hot yogurt without the need of using aseptic filling.

If any of you is familiar with the process please let me know.

Thanks,

Gabriele

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Ambient air filtering at a cannery - can blower Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room
[Ad]

Do you mean by using barrier PET bottles/containers??

You might want to look at tetrapak - growing big time in China

http://www.tetrapak....lobal-potential

Dear all,

My name is Gabriele Castagnetti and I am a food technologist based in Shanghai, China.

I am looking for some help in getting information about ambient yogurt, I am looking for a technology that allows me to pack hot yogurt without the need of using aseptic filling.

If any of you is familiar with the process please let me know.

Thanks,

Gabriele

Hi Gabriele,

It can be achieved by hot filling, the yoghurt needs to be heated to around 70 C for filling. The base will need to be stabilised and you will need to look at the barrier protection (limiting moisture loss) and strength of the pots as if they are not strong enough they will implode when the yoghurt cools. 

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits Ambient air filtering at a cannery - can blower Risk zone identification as per BRC for ambient high care Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Ambient room temperature in RTE packaging room Treatments for ambient air against molds Meat and Poultry Thaw - Ambient Temperature Equation Is Yeast and Mould good enough for Ambient Air Testing? FDA inspections ambient storage and distribution SQF 10.6.5.3 - Ambient Air - Packinghouse Environment