What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Shelf life of ready to eat food

Started by , Sep 08 2016 03:38 AM
7 Replies

hi every one my name is Clement Perera

i'm a consultant to a fast food company who is interested in getting the ISO 22000 certification.

i've worked in oman for the past 12 years as a hygiene officer for a catering company with ISO 22000.

i have completed the intermediate course for food hygiene and the level 4 for supervisors from 

THE CHARTED INSTITUTE OF ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH LONDON

i would like to to hear from interested parties regarding the above topic

thank you

Attached Files

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life
[Ad]

Hi Clement,

Thanks for the SOP document and Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Just to narrow the focus, may i ask if you are particularly interested in any specific types of RTE foods, eg frozen, chilled , vac.packed, MAP?

PS - the title for the thread seems slightly unrelated to the attachment  ? (or does this define the topic ?)

Can you be more specific as to the information you would like to get? This is a real interesting topic.

• what i was referring to is like burgers, hot dogs and filled pastries because you do not know what time the customer is going to consume it after taking it away. Of course it is imperative that you keep samples,but it can save a lot of grief not to mention the headache of a recall and the bad name in case the product has gone bad due to the TIME it has been in un-controlled circumstances.

Hi Clement,

I'm unsure if this is on-topic but this thread may illustrate an opposite/worst case scenario to yr OP attachment's expectations -

http://www.ifsqn.com...r-hot-meal-box/

Just ensure that they have all the temperature - time records for the cook product. I would put a batch code on each packaging. This code should be directly linked to the documentation for that product. Documentation should cover cooking temperature achieved and all the necessary information to show that you sent out safe foods. Also on your labeling give a' Best Before' time for consuming eg.'Burgers' shall be consumed within 'y' minutes after purchasing and include a sale time on batch code of package.

Tracie.

Thank you Tracie exactly what i thought as well, and thank you to all the people who took the time to reply it is much more clearer as to what has to be done to ensure the safety of my food.

Glad I could help Clement

Similar Discussion Topics
Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Cause of condensation in shelf stable dressing cup Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Shelf Life Testing Risk Assessment Milk powder - short shelf life Shelf life of vacuumed rainbow trout fillets Pasteurizing Chilli Relish to extend shelf life Shelf life issue fresh fish Shelf Life Standards Shelf life testing of beef and chicken donair meat