What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

PCQI for Distribution Facility

Started by , Sep 12 2016 08:36 PM
4 Replies

Hello everyone,

I keep reading through the new FSMA requirements and I'm a little confused.  As a distribution facility that does not own any of the products we store, are we still required to have a PCQI?  We do not alter the products we store in any way, just a simple pallet in / pallet out operation.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
PCQI Training in Portuguese HACCP, CP-FS, SQF, PCQI - which certification is most valuable? PCQI Training Looking for references for HACCP, PCQI, SQF Books and Booklets PCQI Training
[Ad]

Hello everyone,

I keep reading through the new FSMA requirements and I'm a little confused.  As a distribution facility that does not own any of the products we store, are we still required to have a PCQI?  We do not alter the products we store in any way, just a simple pallet in / pallet out operation.

Thanks

I forgot to mention that we are already SQF Level 2 certified. 

Here is a thread with a post from JPO that discuss the subject: http://www.ifsqn.com...-to-warehouses/

I have attached a document that speaks specifically to FSMA for warehouses

Best regards

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Hi xylough/Greg,

Nice to hear from you again.!

Thks for the warehouse document although it looks slightly old (2013) in this interpretive saga.

I deduce from Pg35/45/linked thread that the answer to the OP is most likely Yes.

1 Thank

Yes, you are required to have a PCQI on staff because you handle food products (even if they are palleted and never get opened, etc) Great that your company is SQF Code Level II certified - be sure to look up the comparison that is available on the www.sqfi.com website as many of the requirement for FSMA are met by being SQF Level II, however there will be some gaps that you'll need to fill in.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
PCQI Training in Portuguese HACCP, CP-FS, SQF, PCQI - which certification is most valuable? PCQI Training Looking for references for HACCP, PCQI, SQF Books and Booklets PCQI Training Is a PCQI certificate required for all my suppliers? If I have PCQI certification do I still need to be HACCP certified? Do you have to be certified on PCQI to sign off on records in a manufacturing facility? PCQI in-class training PCQI Training - Is it mandatory?