What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

FSSC 22000, 7.9: Traceability System Requirements

Started by , Sep 19 2016 01:45 AM
5 Replies

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding section 7.9 Traceability system of ISO 22000. What does this statement means?

"Records shall be in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and customer requirements and may, for example, be based on the end product lot identification"

I don't really get it.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist
[Ad]

Traceability is a mechanism to trace the product flow in supply chain and production. It's generally considered as crisis management tool to quickly trace the affected products  when there is an incident of the foodborne outbreak. The complexity of the traceability various from industry to industry. However,  ideally one shall information of products flow-  one step  forward and one step backward.  

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding section 7.9 Traceability system of ISO 22000. What does this statement means?

"Records shall be in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and customer requirements and may, for example, be based on the end product lot identification"

I don't really get it.

Hi mary joan,

All the FS Standards can be quite mystical at times.

Is this re-write more intelligible ? -

7.9 Traceability system
The organization has established and applied a traceability system that enables the identification of product lots and their relation to batches of raw materials, processing and delivery records. The traceability system is able to identify incoming material from the immediate suppliers and the initial distribution routes of the end product.

Traceability records are maintained for a defined period for system assessment to enable the handing of potentially unsafe products and in the event of products withdrawal. Records on the end product lot identification are maintained in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements and customer requirements.

And this auditorial interpretation -

A traceability system is mandatory in ISO 22000 but happens to be a common process in the food industry, often as a result of legislation. The auditor should check the batch and/or lot identification in records maintained throughout the process from material receipt to end product dispatch. Note that the organization needs to define a retention period for traceability records which is related to system assessment and considers the implications for disposition of potentially unsafe products and product withdrawal.

Hi charles,

Do you know where I could find an auditorial interpretation of ISO 22000 standards? 

Really sucks to interpret all these clauses without reference.

Hi charles,

Do you know where I could find an auditorial interpretation of ISO 22000 standards? 

Really sucks to interpret all these clauses without reference.

Hi mary joan,

Smart question. :smile:

Previous quote came from, I think, the 1st attachment in this early  iso22000 thread/post. You will note the rather "narrow" comments regarding OPRPs. -

http://www.ifsqn.com...s-on-iso-22000/

1 Thank

:rock: Thanks Charles, Whoa!!! I've been searching this my whole life...

Can't thank you enough  :eek_yello:

Similar Discussion Topics
FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 FSSC New BoS Decision List FSSC v6 2.5.6 Management of Allergens FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist Required Food Safety Training for Employees Under FSSC 22000 FSSC 22000 Implementation but have non-food Products FSSC Internal auditor competency Is FSSC 22000 (Cat G) certification transferrable if facility moves to a new location after getting initial certification? FSSC publishes Version 6 of the FSSC 22000 scheme