What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

When was your unannounced SQF audit?

Started by , Sep 23 2016 07:21 PM
17 Replies

Getting ready for our audit window and anxious to hear when others had their auditor show up on the doorstep.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

ours showed up on the worst day possible, it had been an extremely busy week. but we still scored a 97%, not bad for unannounced.

Look for unannounced audits to become the norm for every SQF audit soon. Not just 1 in 3.  The way it should be.

For our last unannounced audit, our auditor showed up at 8AM about 18 days before the anniversary date of our initial certification, so about 2.5 weeks into the 8 week window. Passed with a 94% though...not too bad.

Look for unannounced audits to become the norm for every SQF audit soon. Not just 1 in 3.  The way it should be.

They announced at the conference that going forward once version 8 hits next September, that unannounced will be volunary.  You can have them all unannounced if you want, not just the mandatory every 3 years.

This will be my first unannounced audit and it is stressing me out!  We are a small family business and I feel like I cannot even plan a dentist appointment, much less a vacation.  I understand in principle that it is a good thing.... it's just a pain when your food safety team is two people!

We had ours over the last two days(waste of a day to have split it up) and it wasn't too bad. I knew it was coming so tried to get ready for the start of the window. Scored only 6NCs for which I am happy.

I am considering SQF- do all companies have an unannounced audit every 3 years?

Our unannounced audit was on THE FIRST DAY of the window.

Showed up at or around 8 am.

To fishgirl - yes, that's a requirement that will likely get more frequent (all unannounced) and more common across all audit schemes

8 am Monday morning..........allocated 2 full days.........IMHO was not an on site audit, but yet one more desk audit, which as we all know doesn't tell the auditor a thing about how the facility runs

I forgot to add, allowed a trainee to come for the audit (with a technical manager in tow) and as a result I have 5 minor non conformity to appeal and had 2 stricken before they left

5 months 12 days after my CB unintentionally and unknowingly sent me the actual audit dates, and roughly 5 days after receiving an email from parkcitygroup notifying me a request had been sent to the auditor to conduct a compliance audit.  :ejut:

5 months 12 days after my CB unintentionally and unknowingly sent me the actual audit dates, and roughly 5 days after receiving an email from parkcitygroup notifying me a request had been sent to the auditor to conduct a compliance audit.  :ejut:

You lucky duck!!!  My CB wouldn't even send me an agenda!!!

This will be my first unannounced audit and it is stressing me out!  We are a small family business and I feel like I cannot even plan a dentist appointment, much less a vacation.  I understand in principle that it is a good thing.... it's just a pain when your food safety team is two people!

I work at a family business too and I did not miss a single day or hour the whole 8 weeks. It was tough cause it was in the middle of summer and he showed up on week 7, just before the fourth of July. It was a long 7 weeks waiting each day.... I wish he would have shown up the first week! Bonus though, he couldn't find our building (GPA is terrible sometimes) and called our office so we had a 10 minute period of time before he arrived which was a relief (mainly for my anxiety and nerves). 

Anyways, good luck to you and I am sure you will do fine. Plus, its always a great learning and eye opening experience! 

This happened at my companies last unannounced audit! I was not here at the time but they shared the story with me. I guess it's not that uncommon!  :giggle:

Ours was supposed to have been this year but the auditor accidentally sent us an agenda with the date on it, the unannounced has been rescheduled for next year. 

We got the unannounced audit and our auditor was being audited so we had two auditors on site, everything went wrong that day. 

Our auditor was also being audited during our audit, double the scrutiny although only "one" was allowed to comment.

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table