What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Allergen Colour Coding

Started by , Sep 27 2016 07:41 PM
2 Replies

Hello Seniors,

I have a question regarding the allergen colour coding and colour of hoses to be used on production floor.

We have a green colour for allergen in our facility. Our Maintenance personnel wants to change the colour scheme of existing hoses to be cost effective. They would like to use green hoses on production floor for sanitizer. I am having confusion whether to approve or look for other colour. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management
[Ad]

Everyone has a different angle to look at things like this. At our facility, we generally don't include the hose colors or pressure washers in our color code policy. The allergen policy my include cleaning tools such as brushes or pails, labels or food contact equipment, that can be mobile and moved to different areas but stationary hoses are not included.

Dear Manthan Patel,

If green is really the colour for allergens, it's better to avoid the decision to buy green hoses. It may save some money now, but this amount is nihil in comparison to all the future discussions - internal and external - and maybe even NCs you will have. The word "you" here is meant in a larger context - your company.

Also from the point of view that he allergen topic has been more and more important over the last years. And the importance will only increase.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently and I wish you good luck!

Kind regards,

Gerards Heerkens

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 Allergen Specific factory wear Allergen declaration for gelatin? Allergen Management Allergen Management Plan Lychee Nut Management as an Allergen Allergen Risk Assessment Carryover Non Allergen Allergen Label Checks