What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What to use to keep hoses off the production floor?

Started by , Oct 04 2016 04:18 PM
9 Replies

I am wondering what other companies use to keep hoses off the production floor.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Cleaning of Hoses Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line
[Ad]

Are they sanitation hoses or needed during production?

There are several options, depending on what the application is. Whatever you go with, you need to consider any possibility that the solution may cause product contamination. That being said, here are a few suggestions:

1. loop the hoses on hooks, and train employees to not let them touch the ground.

2. use pipes across the ceiling, or attach hoses to ceilings, with drop hoses where needed, making sure they are not long enough to touch the ground.

3. hose reels.

Hope this helps.

WowQC

1 Thank

Booms are really appreciated by production folks and keep them off the floor, but be careful because they become a source of "dripping" and are hard to clean.

1 Thank

Keep confronting the employees why its important to keep the hozes of the floor include food safety but also their own safety.

Here is was just a matter of habbit. I made a daily round and confronted the employees everytime.

Also ask the person who leaves it on the floor why he does that. Maybe the hose is located in the wrong spot.

1 Thank

Wall mounted self returning reels. Hoses are also washed off and sanitised each day - if only to minimise contamination on hand contact with usage. 

1 Thank

Hello,

what are  booms?

Booms are really appreciated by production folks and keep them off the floor, but be careful because they become a source of "dripping" and are hard to clean.

Here, let me google that for you. :)

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=934

Are they sanitation hoses or needed during production?

needed during production I was looking to see what other companies use as a hose holder thanks

thanks

Here, let me google that for you. :)

https://www.google.c...iw=1280&bih=934

Similar Discussion Topics
Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Fumes in the Production Facility Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Cleaning of Hoses Using cattle salt-non food grade on a food production line Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Inhalers in production rooms