What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Yeast & Mould, Total Plate Count

Started by , Oct 07 2016 11:31 AM
2 Replies

Dear All,

I, Sushil Jagtap, Buyer in one of the Food Company. It is a pleasure to be here with you. I would like to know get information on practical ground from the experts like you all.

I have come across on situation where there is material failing in Yeast & Mould . Limit 100 CFU/GM and observation is 200 CFU/GM.

Request you to share your experience that in this case " Should we reject the material?"

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing
[Ad]

Dear All,

I, Sushil Jagtap, Buyer in one of the Food Company. It is a pleasure to be here with you. I would like to know get information on practical ground from the experts like you all.

I have come across on situation where there is material failing in Yeast & Mould . Limit 100 CFU/GM and observation is 200 CFU/GM.

Request you to share your experience that in this case " Should we reject the material?"

Hi Sushil,

I assume this is the result for one sample on an isolated lot.

This is normally regarded as an inadequate Sampling Plan for applying an accept/reject microbiological decision for a non-zero tolerant characteristic.

Suggest a generic format something like this but it might depend on the actual product -

micro. sampling plan example.pdf   66.37KB   99 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

Agree with Charles, regardless of the product you're making, the decision whether to accept or reject a lot based on a quantitative value requires more than one sample for it to have any sort of significance.

The fact that you're reporting a result of 200 makes me think that this test was performed using a 10^-2 dilution, which would be inappropriate when your established limit is 100 cfu/g. What is the testing method that was performed?

Micro limits don't mean anything without context. To evaluate whether you should accept or reject the lot, you need the following information:

1. Is the product supposed to be commercially sterile or otherwise free of organisms?

2. What is the product?

3. What food safety hazard would be represented by a high yeast&mold count?

-Austin

Similar Discussion Topics
How to state Air / Yeast & Mould count ? Yeast and Latic Acid limits for Poultry Shelf Life Testing Acceptable Yeast and Mold limits for Fruit Fillings Micro-testing (E.Coli, Salmonella, Yeast and Mold) for supplier High yeast and ACC in Sesame dressing Yeast and Mould Monitoring Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives Yeast and Mold APC Limits Mold and Yeast Testing- cmmef 5th 3 & 21 Yeast and mold limits on food contact surfaces