What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier to Waitrose Quality Question

Started by , Oct 18 2016 05:42 PM
3 Replies
Hi,

I am needing some information relating to supplying products to Waitrose.

The scenario is this:-

"You have just received an email from Waitrose regarding a quality issue of a newly launched product.

What course of action should be taken?"

I have my own ideas but is there a guideline or particular requirement for Waitrose?
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging?
[Ad]

Hi,

I am needing some information relating to supplying products to Waitrose.

The scenario is this:-

"You have just received an email from Waitrose regarding a quality issue of a newly launched product.

What course of action should be taken?"

I have my own ideas but is there a guideline or particular requirement for Waitrose?

hi alan,

There is limited context.

Please provide some details, product, defect, etc etc.

Hi,

This is a theoretical situation. The product could be a chilled bakery item such as a cream cakes. The text quoted is all I have to work with so the first thing to do would get more more information regarding the issue from Waitrose.

If a Waitrose branded line - a PLR (Product Launch Review) will take place and will be scored against a set QAS as agreed with your relevant technologist.

Depending on the score (Amber/ Red) there is usually additional information in regards to not meeting the set QAS standard and action can be taken from there.

Depending on severity there is a WR policy on Root Cause which may need to followed.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire Radiological Free statement from supplier